DETAILS OF THE ROLE
Due to the nature of our production company, we are often hired to produce animation videos for various fields such as, training, health and safety, how to’s and general marketing and advertising purposes. For this we’re looking for talented, inspired, driven people who are keen to grow their skill-sets and are always keeping an eye on new techniques and software to stay ahead of the game.
Your creativity is always appreciated and bringing new ideas to the table will make you memorable. You will be informed of the brief and clients desires, from this you’ll have leeway to inject new ideas into each project. Let us know what you think and how best to tell the story, we can then pitch these comments back to the client.
As with all freelance work, we expect communication throughout the process and reliable time scales so we can liaise with our clients to arrange an agreement on both behalf’s. This agreement will also dictate payment due to hours of work confirmed.
Every project will be varied and this role will allow you to get stuck in with the creative process, trialling ways of making industrial production visually pleasing and artistic. Think outside the box and impress us with your innovative ideas!
- Be in control of your own editing process.
- Have your own up-to-date software and equipment.
- Ability to find technical solutions when needed.
- Be prepared to experiment and come up with innovative ideas.
- Be timely and efficient.
- Have good communication skills, making us aware of adaptations and drafts.
- Sticking to a brief and creating a storyline.
- Being reliable and respondent when asked to work and giving due notice if unavailable for any reason.
- Be willing to adhere to confidentiality agreements.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous work in industrial production is favoured but not mandatory.
- Confident in 3D animation including modelling and visual effects.
- Motion graphics experience is desirable.
- CGI – ideally with buildings in terms of construction.
- Photoshop and illustration skills.
- Be competent on 3D software.
- Experience with Adobe Premier, Final Cut and After Effects is desirable.
- A portfolio of previous work is mandatory, any previous experience of industrial filming is favourable.
SALARY AND RATES
Flexible, depends on experience.
Email your CV and showreel to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use ‘SBM Freelance 3D Animator’ as the subject line.