Can you distill the gold from the grind?
Working with us
Shot Blast Media are the leading strategic video production partners for industrial creative storytelling. We inject personality, warmth and creativity into a mechanical world through the craft of film. Going behind the scenes to unearth compelling stories and define a video strategy that drives engaging content, creates impact and gives our clients a meaningful and authentic voice. We transform the everyday into the extraordinary through the alchemy of film and believe in a job well done, the extra mile, the bright side and having fun.
We’re always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our growing team, from animators to camera operators.
Digital Marketing Executive/Content Creator/Social Media Manager
Leeds, West Yorkshire
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- Birthday day off.
- Company pension scheme.
- Bonus scheme.
- Flexible start/finish times around core hours.
- One day working from home.
- Regular social events, breakfasts and lunches.
- Creative office space and fun working environment.
About the role
We’re looking for a fun, ambitious and enthusiastic Digital Marketing Executive/Content Creator to join our team. Shot Blast Media is the leading visual media company in West Yorkshire who specialise in industrial filmmaking. We combine video production, 3D animation, 2D animation, virtual reality and more to deliver high quality films and content for companies looking to use the power of video to enhance their company’s marketing and communications.
This role would suit someone who has worked within a marketing role for the past two years and is looking for their next challenge. For someone looking to grow their career with a company and become a part of shaping the future of video and building a business. In this role you wouldn’t be another cog lost in a large team, you would be part of a small team and would be integral to the success of the business. With this will come opportunities to grow and be rewarded for your hard work and input.
Finding the right personality fit is important to us, as our shared values and attitude is what contributes towards the success of the business. We’re looking for someone with a genuine interest in visual content whether that’s someone with a passion for films or documentaries or someone who creates content in their own time for their own passion projects etc. Our marketing role has existed since the early beginnings of the business so we’re looking for someone to work with the foundation that’s been created and has the drive to take this to the next level. We’re looking for someone with great ideas and someone with some experience under their belt already who can take ownership of this unique role and run with it.
As we’re a small company this role is quite fluid so while there are aspects of the role we’d like to ensure we retain we’re open to how someone can shape this based on their previous experience, skillset and interests. The candidate will need to be a self starter and feel confident to lead on ideas that can benefit the businesses interests. You will be responsible for your own work and will work alongside the team to develop and shape the marketing and business as a whole.
- Maintaining our brand presence and content with thoughtful campaigns and original ideas for content.
- You’ll manage our website and social media content, channels and analytics, making decisions and insights from them to help frame the marketing going forward week and week.
- You’ll develop and write SEO on our website, YouTube channel and in our directors blog.
- You’ll work with our team to come up with creative ways to capture and produce content that will enhance the businesses reputation and gain more traction.
- Growing the marketing role within the business.
Things we’re looking for:
- At least 2+ years of experience in a digital marketing or brand content creation role.
- In-depth knowledge of all major social media platforms, namely: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google My Business and Instagram.
- A proven track record delivering and managing campaigns and platforms that have driven engagement.
- An understanding of data and analytics to report on performance.
- Experience and a strong understanding of writing SEO for websites and YouTube.
- Create PPC strategies for Google Ads and other paid media platforms to generate leads for the business.
- Good understanding of WordPress and basic HTML.
- A proactive and self-motivated approach to your work – you’ll be shaping your own day every day.
- Qualification in a Communications or Marketing related discipline is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Strong attention to detail skills
Not required but preferred:
- Experience in Adobe CC – primarily Premiere Pro, Photoshop and After Effects.
- Experience in creating your own content (film, animation, photography, image assets)
- Experience in creating interactive video content.
How to apply
As a visual media company we deal in all things video. We’d like to see your CV but in addition to this, your covering letter in a video format explaining why you’d like to work with us and what you could bring to the business. This can be shot on a phone or tablet or fancy camera – we’re not fussy. Email to us at [email protected]
Shot Blast Media is looking for talented videographers. Videographers must be creative, imaginative and show great initiative when it comes to shooting for us.
You must be punctual, skillful in your experience with camerawork and work well in fast paced environments. You’ll need to be able to work well in a team and have a strong ability in communication with the rest of the crew and our clients. Requirements include you coming to shoots with your own kit, and for you to ideally have experience working with manufacturing and engineering companies. In terms of shooting style we are looking for someone experienced with a basic run and gun style, but also experience with styled interview filmmaking and cinematic looking content.
If you’re interested in freelance or full time work with us please drop us a message with a link to your showreel and CV, with the subject heading ‘Shot Blast Media – Videographers.’
2D Animators and Motion Graphics Artists
Shot Blast Media is looking for talented and creative animators and motion graphics designers. Animators must be able to conceptualise and implement 2D animation and motion design solutions that meet the creative and business needs of a variety of major clients.
Being able to work across the team to concept, design, develop, build and deliver 2D motion projects efficiently. As well as a strong portfolio ideal candidates will be able to estimate their production time accurately and manage their projects efficiently. We adore the pioneer spirit and would love to see beyond plain technical skill, we want to see evidence of your own creative thinking. Our ideal candidates should be highly experienced in Adobe After Effects.
If you’re interested in freelance or full time work with us please drop us a message with a link to your showreel and CV, with the subject heading ‘Shot Blast Media – 2D Animator.’
3D Animation Artist
Shot Blast Media is looking for a highly skilled and creative 3D Artist to join our 3D Animation department, you must be capable of producing high quality, photo realistic imagery to join our team.
Candidates must be able to conceptualise and implement high-end 3D product animation that meet the creative and business needs of a variety of major clients, a keen eye for image composition and photo-realism, including skills in lighting and texture. Being able to work across the team to concept, design, develop, build and deliver 3D projects efficiently. Good communication is essential to ensure quality and smooth movement through the workflow. As well as a strong portfolio ideal candidates will be able to estimate their production time accurately and manage their projects efficiently.
Highly proficient in 3ds Max and or Maya is preferred, along with ability to use Adobe Software packages. We adore the pioneer spirit and would love to see beyond plain technical skill, we want to see evidence of your own creative thinking and an eye for the smallest detail.
If you’re interested in freelance or full time work with us please drop us a message with a link to your showreel and CV, with the subject heading ‘Shot Blast Media – 3D Animator.’