Corporate video production is an essential tool for businesses to communicate their message effectively and engage with their target audience.
However, it requires careful planning and execution to ensure that the final product meets the desired objectives.
In this section, we will discuss the do’s and don’ts of corporate video production to help you create impactful and successful videos for your business.
- Define your objectives: Clearly outline the purpose of your corporate video. Whether it’s to promote a product or service, educate your audience, or build brand awareness, having a clear objective will guide the entire production process.
- Plan ahead: Develop a detailed script and storyboard that aligns with your objectives. This will help you visualise the flow of the video and ensure that all key messages are included.
- Invest in quality equipment: Use professional-grade cameras, lighting equipment, and audio recording devices to capture high-quality footage. This will enhance the overall production value of your video. Using a video production company to create your corporate video is a good idea, as they will be able to film on the best equipment in the industry.
- Keep it concise: Corporate videos should be concise and engaging to maintain viewers’ attention. Aim for a length between 1-3 minutes to deliver your message effectively without overwhelming your audience.
- Include a call-to-action: End your corporate video with a clear call-to-action that prompts viewers to take a specific action such as visiting your website, subscribing to a newsletter, or contacting your business for more information.
- Know your target audience: Understanding who you are creating the video for is key to crafting content that resonates with them. Conduct thorough research on your target audience’s demographics, interests, and preferences. This knowledge will enable you to tailor your messaging and visuals accordingly, and will therefore get a higher retention rate on the video.
- Neglect pre-production planning: Rushing into production without proper planning can lead to wasted time, resources, and subpar results. Take the time to plan every aspect of your corporate video before starting production.
- Overcomplicate messaging: Avoid using complex jargon or technical terms that may confuse or alienate viewers. Keep the messaging simple, relatable, and easy for anyone to understand.
- Ignore visual aesthetics: Visual appeal plays a significant role in capturing viewers’ attention and maintaining engagement throughout the video. Pay attention to factors such as lighting, composition, and colour grading to create visually appealing corporate videos.
- Neglect post-production: Post-production is a crucial phase where you can enhance the video’s overall quality through editing, colour correction, adding graphics or animations, and incorporating a professional voice-over. Don’t rush this process as it can greatly impact the final outcome. Make sure to get your colleagues to input their opinion on the edit in case you missed any errors; the more eyes, the better.
- Underestimate the power of storytelling: Incorporate storytelling elements into your corporate videos to create an emotional connection with your audience. People are more likely to remember and engage with videos that evoke emotions and tell a compelling story.
- Neglect professional quality: Corporate videos are a reflection of your brand image; therefore, it is crucial to maintain high production quality throughout. Invest in professional equipment such as cameras, lighting setups, and audio recording devices to ensure crisp visuals and clear sound. If budget constraints exist, consider hiring experienced videographers or partnering with a reputable production company.
By following these dos and avoiding the don’ts of corporate video production, you can create impactful videos that effectively convey your business message, engage your target audience, and drive desired outcomes for your organisation.
Shot Blast Media is an award-winning video production based in Leeds. We work with businesses around the world to create compelling corporate videos and stories.
With vast experience of filming on all kinds of sites, from power stations to factories, construction sites to multiple shop floors, we’re familiar with challenging work conditions and site limitations.
Up-to-date kit keeps us agile and allows for seamless working, across many locations in the most compact of set-ups, using small teams to maximise efficiency and productivity.
Post-filming, the magic kicks in to transform our footage into a piece of premium and compelling film.
Find out more about corporate video production.
Contact us today for more information!
+44 (0)113 288 3245 | [email protected]