360 Video Production is shaping up to be one of the biggest advancements for modern video production. It’s so advanced that you can create 360 video straight from your fingertips, with your smart-phone. But what exactly is 360 video production? Well, it’s exactly what it says on the tin. It is essentially a video that has been filmed with a 360 degree camera, allowing the audience to navigate around the entire landscape of the video as it plays. It’s prized strength has to be the immersive capabilities for its audiences. A simple video is great, but why not give your viewers something extra? This form of video allows them to explore your story and your world, on their terms.
We have been working with Highgrove to produce a series of drone videos, and just recently we have moved to provide 360 video for them. Our client Dave Price has provided a testimonial on why 360 video has benefitted the company so much:
What can 360 video do to benefit your company?
- Instead of taking an array of photos or creating a straightforward video, you can make a single 360 photo to encapsulate all the information you want to show.
- More information and content means more intrigue and consumer awareness.
- 360 video production is the ‘in’ thing right now for corporate video. Getting involved with it whilst it’s as popular as ever will make your company look hugely relevant.
- Your audience may be more likely to click on a 360 video for the sheer fact it will add a sense of fun and engagement to their viewing experience. Anyone can watch a video and get something out of it, but 360 provides your audience with an interactive experience they may not find from your competitors.
Types of 360 Video
The possibilities are endless with a 360 Video Production. Here are the types of videos that are perfect for the 360 touch.
- Drone technology allows us to attach a 360 camera and send it into an area, to capture hard to reach places, nooks, crannies and aerial shots. With a 360 camera this allows that view to become more personal to the audience watching it, letting them choose their perspective on what they want to see.
- Tours are perfect for 360 video. From a walk through your offices to showing off a studio, a virtual tour can make your viewers feel like they’re right there with you.
- Training videos can also benefit from a 360 spin. Do you have an area that will be part of your trainees day to day working lives for example? Sending them training videos is great so they can get used to the environment, but the 360 adds the immersion and feeling like they’re there. This allows them to be fully ready and used to the environment they will soon be in. This prepares them from a health and safety point of view, as well as helping them to understand different processes in the workplace before they start.
Our work with Highgrove allowed us to create a 360 drone tour of their huge site at Follingsby. It made for navigating and taking in all the different aspects of the site a lot more easier for viewers wanting to take everything in. You can see our video below:
To conclude, 360 video production is an opportunity your company shouldn’t pass up in telling your story, if it fits. The beauty of video is that it is about the connection between the storyteller and those you are telling. With the advances in modern technology, 360 video has allowed companies to enhance this relationship in giving their audiences a personal and more emotive experience. If you think this type of video could be revolutionary for your story, don’t hesitate to get in contact with us, and transform your media today.