We’re Recruiting – Digital Marketing Assistant/Digital Marketing Manager
Shot Blast Media are the leading strategic video production partners for industrial creative storytelling. We inject personality, warmth and creativity into a mechanical world through the craft of film. Going behind the scenes to unearth compelling stories and define a video strategy that drives engaging content, creates impact and gives our clients a meaningful and authentic voice.
We transform the everyday into the extraordinary through the alchemy of film and believe in a job well done, the extra mile, the bright side and having fun.
We’re based just South of Leeds city centre, located on the 2nd floor of the Glassflake building. With good links into town and all major motorways our office is a large open creative working space with an informal relaxed feel.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic content creator with a strong background in marketing and a passion for creativity. We’re all about finding the ‘right fit’ so this role would suit either a digital marketing assistant or a digital marketing manager with at least 2 years + industry experience.
This role will work well for someone who likes a challenge, who can change and adapt to the needs of the business. Someone passionate, creative, outgoing, friendly with a strong sense of team spirit, confidence and dedication. A good sense of humour is also important for this role.
We’re looking for someone who is a self starter, who’s willing to learn and can run from a standing start. This candidate will need to be confident at managing their own workload and tasks whilst happy to work on their own or as part of a small team.
We will only consider people with strong writing skills and people with an understanding of marketing, particular social media and who can implement our marketing strategy.
The candidate must be an inventive and proactive problem solver, have excellent research and organisational skills. The ability to multi-task effectively and prioritise appropriately within a fast-moving environment is essential.
About the role
Working in a small business will give this candidate multiple opportunities to get involved with a wide variety of tasks and projects as well as focusing on key areas of marketing. It will suit someone who is willing to learn new skills and push themselves to develop personally.
These tasks will involve all aspects of digital marketing from managing and running our content on all social media platforms; Instagram, Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The candidate will be responsible for our website, writing and adding new blog posts, creating new content, updating our portfolios and measuring our traffic on Google Analytics to report trends and advise on new campaigns to drive more enquiries.
Experience of using Mailchimp is desireable as the candidate will be responsible for producing weekly e-shots to our segmented audiences, whilst reporting trends and following up on engaged contacts.
The candidate will be responsible for creating and developing new campaign ideas and running these so experience of creating campaigns is essential. PPC and Adwords experience would also be desirable.
We also often create and capture our own behind the scenes photos, videos, so we’re looking for someone passionate about writing with a flare for creating engaging content who might also be able to provide basic editing assistance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing new and existing marketing strategies
- Researching and generating new ideas for creative content
- Producing and writing content for social media and blogs
- Managing the website and updating with new work, blogs and showreels etc
- Managing all social media channels and posting content regularly.
- Managing our contacts database and keeping this up to date
- Keeping up to date with trends and industry specific events.
- To help organise and run small events and workshops.
- To produce weekly email marketing campaigns to our segmented audiences
- To develop and run new marketing campaigns
- To assist with general office tasks and provide production support
- To attend events and network with new contacts
- Basic design skills
- Strong writing skills
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of Google analytics and implementing strategy
- Experience in all social media channels
- Business development and lead generation/networking skills
- Knowledge or experience of SEO.
- Knowledge or experience of Adwords or PPC campaigns
- Mailchimp and WordPress
Other Suitable Interests
- DSLR Photography
- DSLR Video
- Basic photo & video editing experience
What We’re Offering
- Opportunity to grow with the business
- Additional perks and benefits where marketing is directly supporting business growth
- Access to training
- Personal development resources
- Socials and Friday beers
- Joint-funded workplace pension
- 33 days holiday, including bank holidays
Terms & Conditions
- Full time, 9am – 5.30pm, 40 hours a week.
- On occasion, you may be expected to work beyond normal hours to meet deadlines
- Subject to a 6 month probationary period
- You must provide 2 references from previous employers
- You must provide copies of qualification certificates from higher education and training.
- Clean driving license
How To Apply
Please send a CV along with your ‘video covering letter’ This is where you can present yourself on camera in a 60 second pitch explaining why you’d be a ‘good fit’ for us. (iPhone/tablet video clip is fine) to [email protected]
Please also send any relevant work examples or showreel if these are available.
Job Type: Full-time