DETAILS OF THE ROLE
As an editor you will usually receive the rushes after the shoot (advanced notice will be given about the date of shoot to ensure timeliness), alongside comments involving details such as run time, desirable soundbites and voice over information.
Your creativity is valued and experimentation is appreciated in this role, however we ideally want our products to be high quality, smooth and professional, so overly abstract concepts are not usually fitting to our clients briefs. However, we are always interested in innovative processes and techniques.
As with all freelance work, we expect communication throughout the process and reliable time scales that we can liaise with our clients to arrange an agreement on both behalfs. This agreement will also dictate payment due to hours of work confirmed.
Every project will be varied and this role will allow you to get stuck in with the creative process, trialling ways of making industrial production visually pleasing and artistic. Think outside the box and impress us with your fresh ideas!
- Owning and maintaining up-to-date editing software.
- Capable of working to a brief and communicating ideas.
- Ability to find technical solutions when needed.
- Being prepared to experiment with ideas and be innovative.
- Being up-to-date with new editing techniques.
- Being reliable and respondent when asked to work and giving due notice if unavailable for any reason.
- Good understanding of story-lines and communication skills.
- Be willing to adhere to confidentiality agreements.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- High end video editor with content marketing knowledge, understanding usage on multiple digital platforms i.e. social media, websites, phone compatibility.
- Ability to fit a brief and create a story through images and follow direction – whilst also still managing your own ideas and filtering them in.
- Motion graphics abilities with evidence in showreel.
- Expert on Premier Pro and or Final Cut and experienced on Photoshop, After Effects
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrate good time management skills and deliver projects to deadlines.
- Good communication skills – verbal and written.
- Portfolio of work, industrial production editing is favourable but not mandatory.
- Keen in researching and implementing new techniques and styles – creating cutting edge edits.
SALARY AND RATES
Flexible, depends on experience.
Email your CV and showreel to email@example.com
Use ‘SBM Freelance Editor’ as the subject line.